Friday, May 28, 2010

It is summer already!

I am back! I got "lost" for awhile, had to go through two computers and am now using a new one, I hope it will continue to work :-) 
After a rahter difficult winter in Iceland and a very strange spring with two volcanic eruptions and well let´s call it "other things" (has to do with politics and economic crisis ....) not another word about those things in this blog today ;-) 
But spring came as a saving angel spreading green life all over! All the trees are fully leaved and bushes and flowers starting to bloom. It is just amazing, like a rebirth, really :-)

This is my cherry tree smiling with hundreds of flowers this spring-summer :-)
Everything has turned green in only a short time and oh what a change! 
Another photo of my cherry tree, just because I love this tree! To me, it is a miracle to see a cherry tree bloom in Iceland, so far north in the Atlantic. And last year we had some cherries too, so I am starting to wait now .... ;-)
Another plant smilin in flowers. Just tiny little flowers but so bright yellow and cute in contrast with the purple leaves :-)


Also, in my home we have five new members. Our cat lady Edda gave birth to these beautiful little kittens early May. Pure joy, so soft and cuddly :-)


Is there anything more beautiful then a newborn individual? Their mama is taking good care of them and so protective. But she asks me to babysit while she takes short walks in the sunshine. I have no problem saying YES to that! hahahah 

2 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Rags, Soooooooooooooooooo happy to see you back with us again. Miss Ya. I have been a bit worried about you over there in the land of erupting volcano and ash. The truly enjoyed looking at your Spring/Summer Blooms. I hope you enjoy your summer.Take care My Friend. Hugs Judy

RagJó said...

Hello Judy, good to see you too! I have been away for too long. Thank you for commenting, I look forward to being in touch again.
Blessings and hugs
Rags